No keep nets below the weir.
C L U B R U L E S
Our Club rules are reviewed on an annual basis. The updated or additional rules are highlighted in blue. These changes are to comply with our liability insurance, your safety and our main asset the fish, the welfare of said fish and suggestions made by members at Committee and Members Meetings.
Membership Rules. Revised October 2022
1 .Our bailiffs are mandated by the Club committee to check anglers adhere to the Club rules. You may be asked to leave our fishery if you are found not to be compliant with our rules and in some circumstances have your membership suspended. Subsequently, you will be reported to the Club committee for further action.
2. All anglers must be in possession of a current national rod licence.
3. Members shall produce their membership books and rod licence to any Club bailiff, environment agency officer, police officer or any of the fishery owners or their agents on demand.
4. Members may be accompanied at any Club fishery by any guest named on their Club permit.
5. Guests of members must be either their partner/spouse or a child/young person under the age of 18 over whom the member has a degree of parental responsibility.
6. All guests must be accompanied and supervised at all times by an adult member who is responsible for their care, behaviour and well-being.
7. No overnight camping is allowed. No swimming or boating allowed on any of our fisheries.
8. No fires are to be lit on the banks. No firearms, unless authorised by the committee.
9. Barbless hooks must be used at all still-waters, micro barbed hooks are permitted on running waters and single barbed trebles are allowed for the mounting of dead baits.
10. No cat or dog meat or any type of nut bait is to be used.
11. No live bait.
12. Dogs are not allowed at any of the fisheries controlled by the Club except for waters open to the general public i.e. river and canal banks.
13. No keepnets on any still water.
14. All fish caught must be returned safely and unharmed.
15. No fish are to be killed, removed or transferred between ponds.
16. No fish to touch the ground. Unhook the fish in your landing net. On our closed waters and when fishing rivers for specimen fish unhooking matts must be available. The use of an unhooking mat for appropriate sizes when weighing or photographing is mandatory. NB. Use of a towel or rag is forbidden.
17. Anglers must be in possession of the appropriate equipment at all times, a landing net for example.
18. Vehicles are to be parked with due regard for access by others.
19. The Club accepts no responsibility for any damage to, or theft from any vehicle parked at the fisheries, any vehicle parked at the venues is entirely at the owner’s risk.
20. All gates must be kept locked and the combination number scrambled after entering or leaving a fishery.
21. Gate combination numbers are not to be given out to non-members.
22. Anglers are only allowed to fish from one designated peg/platform.
23. A maximum of 2 rods are allowed per adult member and 1 rod per child under 12 years of age. Rod butts must be no more than 3 metres apart.
24. No fishing is permitted on our fisheries between 30 minutes after sunset and 30 minutes before sunrise, unless named as “able to night fish” with the relevant and up to date night fish permit. Check the BBC website https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638324 for accuracy.
25. Night permit must have been issued prior to the session and has been pre booked.
This is to comply with our liability insurance and to prevent poaching of our fish stocks.
26. NO Drugs or Alcohol to be used or consumed on any of our fisheries. You will be asked to leave if caught in possession, your membership will be suspended and offenders could incur a lifetime Club ban.
27. Leaving litter, particularly nylon line, plastic scrap and tins, is strictly forbidden. Members must ensure that their swim and the surrounding area is free of litter when leaving. A member is responsible for removing all litter from a swim even if it was there before they started fishing. The Club Committee take a hard-line view on this misdemeanour and severe action may be taken against those that chose to ignore it.
PLEASE ALL TAKE NOTE
Can all anglers please be more considerate when fishing the Ancholme near Kingfisher Close. As in the Club rules. There is no parking on Kingfisher Close. Our bailiffs and match secretary are instructed to report any offenders to the committee where suitable action will be carried out.
Under no circumstances are people allowed to fish from any railings of the River Ancholme
Venues Specific Rules
Lady Pitt Farm – No keep nets below the weir
Yaddlethorpe Ponds – No drugs or alcohol – No cycling around the complex
Please all take note.
Can all anglers please be more considerate when fishing the Ancholme near Kingfisher Close. As in the club rules, There is no parking on Kingfisher close.
We have had several reports of late, and photos that parking is taking place here. This is not acceptable. Please park more responsibly when fishing here. This will be relayed to the match Secretary and match organisers.
Under no circumstances are people allowed to fish from any point on the railings on the River Ancholme
Venue specific rules
The committee reserve the right to add, remove or amend the above rules at any time.