River Ancholme and River Rase
Please note that some of the areas are now restricted so as soon as we have available information we will amend this page.
The club lease the fishing rights on the whole length of the Ancholme from Bishopbridge to South Ferriby and the River Rase from Bishopbridge to its confluence with the Ancholme at Snitterby Carr. Varying in depth from 2 feet (upstream) to 20 feet at South Ferriby. This fine fishery offers a wide range of species, including Bream to 8lb, tench to 7lb, Perch to 5lb, Pike to 30lb, Roach to 2lb along with Eels , Chub, Rudd, Dace , Roach/Bream hybrids, Bleak, Ruffe and Gudgeon, and is suitable for a wide range of methods.
There are many access points.
These are being looked into at the moment so three main points that i know are still open are located using, what3words
Ancholme , Springs
- Bishopbridge LN8 2AL on the A631 from Caneby Corner to Market Rasen (West Bank)
- North Owersby LN8 3PS off B1205(East Bank)
- Atterby Carr DN21 4UU (West Bank)
- Snitterby Bridge DN21 4UX (West Bank) on foot upstream to Harlem Hill Lock ,vehicle downstream to Black Dyke near Brandy Wharfe
- Brandy Wharfe Bridge DN21 4RU ( West Bank on foot upstream, East bank vehicle downstream.)
- Hibalstow Bridge DN20 9QE (West bank up and downstream)
- Cadney Bridge DN20 9QE (West bank upstream, downstream to horse boundary, east bank upstream.
- Hibaldstow Carr DN20 9PE Carr Lane off B1207 North end of Hibalstow West bank short distance up and downstream)
- Brigg Leisure Centre DN20 9JN (West bank upstream)
- Cake Mills DN20 9FL (West bank downstream) Access on waters Edge Anglers car park on left hand side near the playground.(note. No parking on Kingfisher Close)
- Castlethorpe Bridge DN20 0BZ turn off B1207 (both banks up and downstream)
- Broughton Bridge DN20 0BN Turn off B1207 at Wressle crossroads. park in car park (West bank up and downstream)
- Appleby Pumphouse DN15 0DA. Turn off B1207near Haverholme House, down the track over the level crossing (Take Care) and park near the Pumphouse. ( West bank up and downstream)
- Bonby Carr DN20 0PX. Take Carr Lane off the B1204 in Bonby down to the river. (East bank up and downstream)
- Appleby Landing DN15 0AH Follow Carr lane in Appleby to the river (West bank up and downstream.
- Saxby Bridge DN15 9RA. Take North Carr lane off the B1204 in Saxby All Saints down to the river. ( east bank up and downstream) Note limited access to West bank over the bridge.
- Scabcroft DN15 9QY At the crossroads off the B1207 take Holme Lane ( signposted Scabcroft, River Ancholme.) (West bank upstream, parking in the bushes downstream to Horkstow Bridge
- South Ferriby DN18 6JQ Off A1077 take the track on the west bank just before the Sluice Bridge, park near the conveyor ( West bank upstream)
- Old River in Brigg.
- Cadney Road DN20 8NY East Bank upstream. Park off road or at the stile where the road leaves the river.
- Old Springs length. DN20 8NP Park in the Tesco overspill carpark at the side of the Riverside Surgery. (East bank up and downstream) No fishing from the railings.
- The point. DN20 8UN Go around the back off the Fun Forest to the bridge. park in the car park (east bank up and down) No fishing from the railings.
Under no circumstances are people allowed to fish from any point on the railings on the River Ancholme
Dawn to Dusk fishing unless in possession of a night permit. Please click on the link below for these times.
- Night Fishing is permitted with an additional purchase of a £10.00 permit On Line in advance.
Night Fishing permit £10
Night fishing on all named venues must be pre booked
Anyone caught not having booked will be asked to leave
This is to show that the club is proving to adhere to all the Health And Safety and club insurance requirements.
The following are the only waters that are currently night fish-able.
River Trent Rampton Island, Girton, River Trent Dunham, River Trent Besthorpe, South Clifton ( ex sdaa) River Idle Lound, Keadby canal, River Ancholme.
Yaddlethorpe. North Pond and also the match pond.